13 July 2006

if i title this post "motherfucker," it will be a witty pun!

because today was a downward spiral of interview after interview ("oh, you're a playwright?" "oh, you want to be our intern?" "oh, you're canadian?") i wasn't compulsively checking playbill.com for updates as per usual. so it was actually rocco who broke me the bad news:

OH CRAP!!!

"Kevin Kline to Get Cookin' With Streep in MOTHER COURAGE"

Well now we can all just forget about getting tickets!

Either that or go get on line right now.

I mean it.

Right now.

I'm gonna beat you.

jesus motherfucking christ. as i so eloquently commented to rocco's post, "
this freaking sucks. i mean, it's amazing. but it sucks."

i forwarded the playbill article to allison, my waiting-in-line-ass-early-for-all-things partner, and she wrote back:
"And the silly thing is, I mostly want to see it for Oskar...kind of for Meryl, but I don't really care about Kevin. I hate when stars get in the way of shows I want to see. Like Last Days of Judas Iscariot...Sam Rockwell, step aside, I need my Judas fix!"

i've been feeling the same way, but for tony kushner rather than oskar. it's a tony kushner adaptation of brecht. i mean, i am literally salivating right now. can't i call oskar and say, 'look, i want to see this for tony and for brecht, for reasons of integrity! not the starfucking moviestar crap that everyone else buys into. so where's the hook-up?' but what makes it even worse is i saw the kevin kline workshop of king lear, and this is going to be something to behold. something really fucking amazing to behold.

what happens when people line up for tomorrow's show before tonight's show has even started? allison and i are already planning our camp-out. i would love someone who lived through the seagull fiasco of a few years back to share some pointers on line madness. i don't like a thing i can't plan.

No comments:

archives