01 November 2006

Brace Ourselves

Fuck. Day one of National Don't Be A Lazy Bitch Month (post or DIE), and I almost blow it. Half an hour left. Ummm, let's see. I got home from work around 7:30, caught up on DVR'd Daily Show & Colbert Report, ate a bowl of cereal that I bought because another blog told me it was good (it's okay, but has a slight aftertaste), and proceeded to doze through Dr. 90210 and two episodes of DVD Alias. Kind of perfect - I was seldom without a kitten cuddling against my leg or in my face - but also indicative of how I'm not cut out for the busyness of the last few weeks. Busyness that is sort of what my life is supposed to be all about - for work or other purposes (i.e. my own enjoyment), some sort of engagement almost every night. And it's not exactly letting up. I'm actually taking advantage of one of my we're-not-giving-any-raises-so-here-are-some-extra-personal-days personal days tomorrow. To sleep and do laundry. This is the sexy life of the theatre industry. (Of a lazy girl in the theatre industry, at least. Non-lazy people wouldn't be including all the recovery couch time.) Coming up in the next couple of weeks:

Reading of Itamar Moses' Celebrity Row @ The Public (New Work Now), The Decemberists (something not theatre!) @ Hammerstein Ballroom, The Fortune Teller (puppet show for grown-ups) @ HERE, an oak tree (w/ James Urbaniak), Coast of Utopia part 1, Gabe Kahane @ Tonic (more not-theatre music!), The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, The Internationalist, some reading of something at MCC, 365 Days/365 Plays artist welcome (TempCo's doing a week in July!... and some day I will update our website to say so) and Week One invited dress, Ars Nova reading of Amazons and Their Men, The Clean House, some reading I have to go to for work, Durango @ The Public, The Mistakes Madeline Made @ Yale Rep, Gabe Kahane @ Joe's Pub... and that gets us to Thanksgiving. (And then I have jury duty starting November 30. Which is intriguing/exciting in the civic dork way, because I've never had it before.) There are also work evenings scattered throughout that. Yeah, I think I'll have material for this month-long push.

4 comments:

Pappy's Fella said...

Good posting. 29 days and counting...

Jeremy said...

Ooo, jury duty! Try to make a jury duty friend or two like I did! It's fun, and helps you pass the time. :-) And get ready for the "witch" video with Diane Sawyer, if you haven't heard.

crimenotes said...

I influence cereal purchases.

Awesome.col

Melissa said...

I just love personal days for getting things done around the house.

archives