25 November 2006

My Saturday! The Musical!

This afternoon (before I updated the TempCo website and screwed up half the pictures so they're all pixely) I trudged all the way over to 59E59 (kidding, cause I live on the east side... so it wasn't far... chirp chirp...) to see Gutenberg! The Musical! Allison astutely asked beforehand, "So is this [title of show] without the chicks?" Well, Allison, sort of - where [tos] is a musical about two guys writing a musical about two guys writing a musical, Gutenberg! is a musical about two guys writing a musical about Gutenberg. (Wikipedia!) Gutenberg (!) is actually about two guys who've already written their musical, and the musical we see is their Big Time Backers Audition. And it's horrible. And thus, wonderful. For us. Jeremy Shamos and Christopher Fitzgerald are delightful. (I was going to say "delicious," but that's just a weekend with my mother invading my vocabulary.) The show started as a 45-minute one-act workshopped at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre, and you can definitely feel that, but as long as you're not expecting 'polished'... and why would you? This is much more fun.

No comments:

archives