10 November 2006

Search Master Steve


Do you recognize this guy?

If you have a blog, and you're a neurotic paranoid who really needs to know who (if anyone) is looking at said blog, you probably have a counter installed to track visitors (and what strange-ass google search terms are bringing them to you). It's possible that, like me, you use StatCounter. And if so, you might have been seeing a lot of this at the top of your screen:


look who learned how to do a screen capture!

These banner ads, for something maybe having to do with selling ads on MSN, have been pretty constant. I really have no idea what they're for. (Well, search marketing, it seems.) But who the hell cares? It's not like I make a habit of reading random banner ads. The only reason I've paid any attention at all is... Search Master Steve.


He's kinda cute, no?

they do indeed

I mean, it's no wonder I noticed him. He's a little nerdy, a little smug - basically exactly my type. (See? Totally understandable and not weird.) And he does seem to bear a striking, if younger-brother type, resemblance to someone else for whom I once harbored a little adver-crush-ment:

the sprint guy. not the verizon guy.

See? Totally not weird.

...

Let's just blame this all on NaBloPoMo, okay?

5 comments:

Jeremy said...

The Sprint Guy went to Penn State. I could totally hook you up with him if you want. Because everybody who went to Penn State knows everybody else who went there!

Masked Mom said...

I'm a NaBloPoMo-ee, too and I have a feeling at the end of this month, NaBloPoMo's gonna have a lot of explaining to do.

D.J. said...

Oh my God, yes. I totally agree with you. Search Master Steve is adorable. I just got a postcard with him on it, lying on the floor, with a cocked eyebrow and his thumb pointing at some copy. Have been staring at it all morning. :-) And ditto about the old Sprint guy -- I miss him!

Beth said...

Um...i know Search Master Steve very well..he's very cute, extremely funny, and very single....

Post here is you want his deets:

Jaime said...

You're kidding right? Um, wow. Huh. Does he wear those glasses in real life? Cause, if so, maybe, yeah. I can't tell how old he is, but those are some nice glasses...

archives