10 January 2007

Road Trip! (In a Plane)

A week from tomorrow I'm heading for a quick couple of days in Chicago. I've got some worky meetings lined up (people in Chicago are so nice, by the by), but Friday afternoon and all day Saturday are free for frolicking and very quickly getting to know this supposedly lovely city. I've never been there before, but maybe you have? All I know is it's the setting for The Time Traveler's Wife and "My Boys." (Have I mentioned how much I like "My Boys"? Very much, and at first I think this means I don't deserve anything good in life, but then I discover that everyone else loves it too.) I'm going with the roommates, so this isn't lonely-girl-in-a-city planning (ah, Italy) - just looking for some suggestions for things to do and places to see, and, sure, places to eat. (Amazing vegetarian restaurants get a gold star.)

* * *

Also, Honey Maid Graham Crackers are far and away the best box of graham crackers you can buy.

4 comments:

casey said...

I can't help you with the vegetarian restaurants, but I can tell you that the Art Institute is awesome as museums go, and if you aren't morally opposed to zoos, the Lincoln Park one is quite nice if the weather happens to be good. Oh, and you simply must see the Bean and take some silly pictures there, if you have the time.

We ate at a place called Italian Village - I'm not sure what they offer in terms of vegetarian fare, but the food was EXCELLENT.

casey said...

PS - This is the Bean:

http://cr735.photosite.com/Chicago/c-bean5.html

Jaime said...

Oh my goodness. I was wondering what it was, and nothing I could dream of would beat that. Which reminds me, I need to see this.

Mark said...

Brett Neveu is a great playwright and has a new show opening at Timeline next week, if you have a chance.

archives