12 February 2007

BREAKING: Action Transvestite to Bring Questionable American Accent Weekly to My TV

Well someone obviously needs an "Eddie Izzard" Google news alert. It's just embarrassing to get your news from a 40-foot billboard in Times Square.



The billboard (46th and Broadway, above the Bank of America, where I stood and gawped this afternoon) seems to be the only place (between Times Square and the internet) that this ad exists, but there's plenty of other proof: Variety, Eddie Izzard fan sites, and Playbill.com (which makes it even more absurd that this is the first I've heard of this). Eddie Izzard on my TV! Without me having to put in a DVD! I mean, the show sounds terrible - it "stars Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver as grifters from rural Louisiana who assume the identity of a wealthy regular family - becoming 'Doug and Cherien Rich' - and move into the posh suburbs." - but it's Eddie Izzard. I don't know how many times I can italicize that to get across my point. Eddie. Izzard. There, maybe the periods helped. Wow.

And, you know, ignore that first video. This one's got him shirtless, and with an even more questionable accent:




More, all fully clothed, here. Go run the intro to the Circle DVDif you're looking for skin.

I am a sick, sick child. (But even for me the fake boob there is too much. So I guess that's good.)

1 comment:

parabasis said...

A friend of a friend of mine wrote the pilot.

Who wants to touch me?

I said who wants to fucking touch me?!

(also, in the original script they were travelers i.e. American Romani)

archives