29 March 2007

Fucking Sucks

Tonic, where I have seen many lovely concerts, is shuttering, because the LES is fucking expensive. This makes me sad because:

-It means I won't see Gabe play there any more.
-One less reason to venture into the LES, with its freaky disassociating combination of street names I know from stories of my Grandmother's childhood + the fact that I'm headed down there for nefarious (edgy music and a single alcoholic beverage) purposes. And hipsters.
-It's where I wanted to produce TempCo's week of 365.

Okay, also, yes, it was pretty much the only small great club for experimental music on the LES, or in Manhattan, or anywhere. Very sad. But if you know a great, smallish, theatre-flexible venue that might want to host a 3-day theatre/arts/music salon the last week of July, some semblance of a stage and a lighting set-up, could you let me know? Thanks.

xxoo
Jaime

3 comments:

Moxie said...

God damn it. Tonic is a great place. Two cliches in response to your post: 1) Now there's REALLY no reason to go to the lower east side, and 2) What about Galapagos for your theater/arts/music salon?

Floyd said...

Fucking does not suck!!! LOL!! HA!

anna said...

oh, wow. i know tonic! warren used to live there. well, shit. that's dumb. though i do have to say that the place was tiny, blaringly loud, and crazy expensive. but it's nyc after all.

have you seen gabe many times? i always meant to - is he good?

the alanis morrisette thing above is - hm.

archives