25 June 2007

Once Upon A Caturday

[This is for Kate, who found my previous post about finding a new, Jamesless (and Kateless) apartment so offensively sentimental. But once I saw these first two pictures, back to back, I couldn't not. And now that Kate and I (probably) won't be living together much longer, I'm just gonna annoy the shit out of her and burn those bridges while I can.]

But first, a story. A little Monday Catblogging story. I call it, The Story of Schmuel, Taylor of Klimovitch.

Once upon a time there was a girl...


...who met a boy...


...and they became friends, and lived together...


...until he decided he didn't want to any more...


...but the girl felt like she was ready to strike out on her own, so she went to Brooklyn and saw a lovely garden...


...but decided that Brooklyn maybe wasn't the place for her...


...though she did get a new mood ring, some corn on the cob, and had a very nice afternoon while she was there. And she had just visited Washington Heights and Inwood, and knew that she'd soon find the place that felt like home...


...and she would visit her new friend's home...


...and he'd be really happy to see her...


...just like he always is...


...and it would feel like almost nothing had changed...


And also, I found this picture too, which is funny:


[And then she went to see an apartment in Inwood, an apartment she'd been supposed to see on Saturday, but the broker had told her the super couldn't show it late enough, once she was already there and waiting, and they'd rescheduled, for Monday, today, and after she got to Inwood, having had the broker reschedule first for earlier and then for later again, while she sat waiting for him on an admittedly nice bench by an admittedly nice park, then the broker showed up and as the super was getting out his keys the broker said, "So you responded to the ad for such-and-such amount, right?" And she said, "Yes." And the broker said, "And I told you that that one rented, right?" "Uh, no." "And I told you that this one's for such-and-such two-hundred-dollar-more amount, right?" "Uh, no." "I'm pretty sure I did." "No, because I wouldn't have been here if I knew that." "I'm pretty sure I did." "No, you did not." And then she sorta shook his hand, but only because he offered it, and she took the VERY LONG SUBWAY AND BUS RIDE back to the Upper East Side, because, you know, as nice as Inwood might be, it is not an easy place to get to the Upper East Side from, and that jackass broker wasted a lot of her time when she could have been going to the gym or blogging about cats. Kthxbye.]

1 comment:

A. said...

that is the most brilliant use of those pics i ever thought possible...even if the story is, um, not so, uplifting, i'll call it...

archives