30 July 2007

Manifest Destiny

You're so lucky you're even getting any catblogging today. Today is moving day, as three roommates striking off on their own move all their stuff into one one-bedroom, because one soon-to-be-ex-roommate's Harlem apartment is still being renovated, and the other soon-to-be-ex-roommate is still figuring some things out. You are so lucky, and we're both lucky, because rather than finishing the last bits of packing and loading up the truck, I'm sitting here waiting for a twenty-minutes-late phone call, which is exactly how this time should be spent, so I'm looking at I Can Has Cheezburger, so I saw this:


It's a trifecta of lolcat goodness: 1, It's cute. 2, Nostalgia for the best computer game ever. 3, I'm reminded that, yes, the pioneers had it harder. (Manifest Destiny = Gentrification?) Hell, I can even throw in some Shins lyrics, assuming pioneers are pilgrims, which they're not:

I watch the ice melt on the glass
while the eloquent young pilgrims pass
and leave behind their trail
imploring us all not to fail.

Of course I was raised to gather courage from those
lofty tales so tried and true
if you're able, I'd suggest it 'cause this
modern thought can get the best of you.

This is me, signing off from the UES. See you on the Upper North Side.*

----
*Stolen, with permission and blessing, from Isaac.

3 comments:

riese said...

TAG!!!

Also, my word veri is "nrdho," like me, a Nerd-Ho!

Anonymous said...

I posted a pic from your site :-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry.. forgot the URL heh.
http://snowbabyx.tumblr.com

archives