10 November 2007

And Possibly More Interestingly...

Why am I such a cold-hearted bitch about the stagehands strike? Anyway, Moxie caught a story slipping by in the strike hubbub - MTC has canceled their production of Kenneth Lonergan's The Starry Messenger, which was to star Matthew Broderick. Moxie writes, "Manhattan Theatre Club's only explanation was, 'Scheduling conflicts make it impossible to proceed in the allotted time slot,' which means exactly nothing." Although I feel (sorta) for the folks who subscribed just to be able to see this, I can't say I'm too sad. The play's perfectly fine, but nothing stellar (omg, pun!). Interestingly, it was (if I recall) scheduled for Stage I at City Center, rather than a Broadway run. So I wouldn't've gotten to see it anyway.

1 comment:

Johnny said...

Oh and there's SO much more to the story that's unpublishable! Ask me tmrw...

archives