29 November 2007

Fuck Twiggy, *This* Is Sad

As a few loyal readers (hi, three of you!) mentioned, yes! I get to see August: Osage County tonight! I do wish I'd gotten more than six hours of sleep last night, what with the three-and-a-half hours of theatre tonight (and having twittered through three hours of "Shakespeare" last night), but it's okay! I have half a Diet Coke in the fridge. And when you've been off of that stuff for the last several months, not only does it taste amazing, but it works like CRACK COCAINE, or what I would imagine that might be like.

I'm a big fan of designing Shakespeare aesthetically rather than conceptually, and I really liked situating ancient Briton next to Mongolia. That sounds sarcastic, but isn't.

But for those of you who like your heartbreak straight-up, here's some week-old news that just trumped the trauma of my book making me cry on the subway yesterday AM:

"Whitney Port is getting kicked off of The Hills: A source says she doesn't know it yet, but they've already started shooting scenes with her replacement. (Whit's reportedly "too vanilla.")" [Star, ick, via Jezebel]

This is for James:


But also for me. Srsly, I love this girl so much.

I have not written (much? at all?) about my love for The Hills, but it is true, and makes me feel dirty, but also I love it. And now I'll have the theme song stuck in my head for the rest of the day, but I don't care.

PS, OMG, full episodes of The Hills on the interweb. I never even thought to look.

2 comments:

Adam said...

"A source says she doesn't know it yet, but they've already started shooting scenes with her replacement. "

Ok...so now she's gonna be sitting at home, googling "biggest cauliflower ever" or "Stella Marushka" or whatever the fuck rich people google, and she'll wind up here, and you'll've totally ruined the surprise.

Way to be. I mean, really.

Kathryn said...

lies.

archives