18 November 2007

Rather Than Anything Thoughtful On Rag And Bone: Karaoke

Dear My Friends,

It's been fun, but two karaoke birthday parties in three months is enough.

Love,
Jaime

* * *

My karaoke repertoire:

"Sk8er Boi," Avril Lavigne
"Me Gustas Tu," Manu Chao
"Teenage Dirtbag," Wheatus

* * *

Artists we should all be glad are underrepresented in karaoke catalogs, though I'm sad that they're underrepresented in karaoke catalogs:

Rilo Kiley
The Decemberists
Wheatus

I would sing "Lemonade" until they kicked me out.

It wouldn't take long.

* * *

Rag and Bone, by Noah Haidle, now playing at Rattlestick.


* * *

Amendment to "Artists we should all be glad are underrepresented in karaoke lists, though I'm sad that they're underrepresented in karaoke lists," based on what I'm singing right now, and how:

Rufus Wainwright
The Nields (whoa "Snowman" alone in my room)

4 comments:

Johnny said...

I may do a karaoke birthday now as to 1) annoy you and 2) present us with the opportnity to duet on "Yankee Bayonet."

World Champ Stephen Neal said...

What do you define as "art" or an "artist?"

Pode Bal!

Allison said...

1. I do not karaoke.

2. Ah Snowman...particularly the live version... so good for screaming alone in your room. Or getting you through that last set of crunches at the gym.

Moxie said...

My new karaoke song is going to be "Where Do You Go (My Lovely)", featured in The Darjeeling Limited.

archives