27 March 2008

By the By

I'm on vacation from work this week. My 2 1/2-year anniversary looms, and with it come more vacation days, which are piling up to the point of use 'em or lose 'em, so, this being the last quiet week before mid-July, I decided to use 'em. "I'm off next week." "Ooh, where are you going?" "Not to work." And it's been very nice. I got a haircut, wandered around SoHo in no particular rush, bought five spice powder and a lampshade at Pearl River, went to three different Whole Foods, saw my mom, tried on every piece of summer clothing in the Marble Hill Target, and am spending today making seitan. Relaxing and productive, all at once. Sure, an airplane and a warm, sunny place might be nice, but this'll do fine. Stay tuned to see if I make it to the gym this afternoon!

Also, this is a way of saying that blogging will be (is, has been) extra light this week. I have kittens to attend to. And last night's episode of "America's Next Top Model" might be on YouTube by now.

1 comment:

Rocco said...

Have you been to this store 'Muji' in Soho? I'm kind of obsessed with it.

archives