21 March 2008

Free Tix to BOOM This Weekend!

As I sit here waiting for my delivery of hamentashen, I'm reminded that there are other holidays going on this weekend. For example, Easter. The folks at Ars Nova have this to say about that: Easter Weekend is tough for all non-Broadway theater in the city. Even for non-Broadway theatre that just got a great review from Ben Brantley? But hey, I'm not gonna fight. Because Ars Nova also says this:

Free tickets to performances tonight and tomorrow night to the first 10 people who e-mail us at rsvp@arsnovanyc.com.

That's Friday and Saturday at 8pm. (Tickets for other performances can be purchased on www.smartix.com. And you can use code ANLIST for a free drink at the bar.)

I apparently failed to blog about BOOM when I saw it last week, so I'll say now that it's a lovely production of a really wonderful play, and if you're not busy drinking yourself into oblivion (it's a mitzvah!) or waiting for Jesus to come out of his cave, you should totally see BOOM this weekend.

I really like this pull-quote from Ben Brantley's review: "Mr. Nachtrieb has a gift for darkly funny dialogue and an appealing way of approaching big themes sideways... BOOM winds up speaking, quietly and piquantly, to our enduring fascination with and need for myths about the beginning of life as well as its end." It's true.

[Update: The hamentashen are not coming. :( ]

No comments:

archives