No one loves being tagged more than girl grown-up after a childhood of exclusion. Hey kids, it's okay if junior high was miserable - when you're grown up and have a blog, it'll be that much more exciting when you get tagged with a meme. Thanks to Isaac for getting me one step closer to healing the wounds in my soul.
Look up 15 of your favorite films on IMDb and take a quote from each. List them below. When someone guesses the quote correctly, I cross it off the list.
[A couple of these are favorites from high school, and the sheer amount of movie quoting we did then... it's sort of like how I speak in Eddie Izzardisms now.]
- I'd love to have dinner with you, but I can't. Kissing Jessica Stein - Susan
- What? Not the season?
- No. I mean I can’t have dinner with you because I'm with Helen.
- Oh, you're having dinner with Helen?
- No. I mean I'm *with* Helen.
- Like *with* with Helen?
- Right *with* with.
Who knows where thoughts come from? They just appear. Empire Records - Riese, coming through since I'm not friends with anyone from high school, even the friends with whom I learned this movie by heart when I was fifteen. It's Rex Manning Day.
The dead have no titles. You were the most powerful man in Elizabeth - Freeman
- So cut off my head, and make me a martyr. The people will always remember it.
- No... they will forget.
At least you'll never be a vegetable - even artichokes have hearts. Amelie - Marissa (my sister, making me proud)
As the sound of the playgrounds faded, the despair set in. Very odd, what happens in a world without children's voices. Children of Men - Ellen
One scoop of creamed potatoes. A slice of butter. Four peas. And as much ice cream as you'd like to eat. Secretary - Ian R. Crawford
- Nobody can stab a corpse and not know it. Gosford Park - James, who loses points for refusing to comment and needing to be, like, requested to identify this, but still gets credit for living up to my expectations.
- Really? When was the last time you stabbed a corpse?
- I think you're stressed, and that's why you eat so much. I mean, it's hard to get fat on a vegan diet. Ice Age - Allison (and James, sort of) When we saw this movie, the lights came up and there were nervous looks all around, each of us wondering if the other two had found the threesome in the movie to map so perfectly to the three of us. It's kinda fucked up, but kinda wonderful, too.
- I'm not fat. It's all this hair. It makes me look poofy.
- Fine. You have fat hair, but when you're ready to talk, I'm here.
I have wasted thousands and thousands of kisses on you - kisses that I thought were special because of your lips and your smile and all your color and life. I used to think that was the real you, when you smiled. But now I know you don't mean any of it. You just save it for all your songs. Shame on me for kissing you with my eyes closed so tight. That Thing You Do - Marisa Wegrzyn
- Grandpa, am I pretty? Little Miss Sunshine - Ian again
- You are the most beautiful girl in the world.
- You're just saying that.
- No! I'm madly in love with you and it's not because of your brains or your personality.
I would like to say this. Tardiness is not something you can do on your own. Many, many people contributed to my tardiness. I would like to thank my parents for never giving me a ride to school, the LA city bus driver who took a chance on an unknown kid and last but not least, the wonderful crew from McDonalds who spend hours making those egg McMuffins without which I'd never be tardy. Clueless, perhaps the most quotable movie ever - Tina-cious
- Let's face it. You've always been a cunt. The only thing that's gonna change, is that you're gonna be an even bigger cunt. Maybe have some more cunt kids. In Bruges - Adam
- You fuckin' retract that bit about my cunt fucking kids!
- I retract that bit about your cunt fucking kids.
- Insulting my fucking kids? That's goin' overboard man!
- I retracted it, didn't I?
- Are you the kind of person that takes time to get to know, and then once you get to know them... they're fabulous? Shopgirl - Marisa W.
- Yes, absolutely... What?
You don't have to do this. I mean, this ain't exactly the Mississipi. I'm on one side, I'm on the other side. I'm on the east bank, I'm on the west bank. It's not that critical. Robin Hood: Men in Tights - Tarak, though my sister would've gotten it, too. Not technically a 'favorite' movie, but one I've seen several kajillion times, and quotable, too.
See, now's the time of the meal when you start getting the McStomach ache. You start getting the McTummy. You get the McGurgles in there. You get the McBrick, then you get the McStomach ache. Right now I've got some McGas that's rockin'. My arms... I feel like I've got some McSweats goin'. My arms got the McTwitches going in here from all the sugar that's going in my body right now. I'm feeling a little McCrazy. Supersize Me - Tina-cious
I tag Moxie, Brooklyn Gal, Isaac (not the one who tagged me, duh), Mark, and This Guy.