12 May 2008

Attention Nerds!

Okay guys, I need help from someone nerdier than I am in deciphering this NASA press release:

NASA to Announce Success of Long Galactic Hunt

WASHINGTON -- NASA has scheduled a media teleconference Wednesday, May 14, at 1 p.m. EDT, to announce the discovery of an object in our Galaxy astronomers have been hunting for more than 50 years. This finding was made by combining data from NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory with ground-based observations.

This is driving me crazy. (Seriously, if you figure it out, and know my phone number, send me a frigging text, cause I'm leaving my desk for the day.) All I can think of is the black hole at the center of the galaxy, since dark matter isn't so much an object. Wonkette says space monster. (Keith and Esmerelda??!) Well?

1 comment:

Allison said...

BTF???

"We've discovered the coolest most amazing thing that mankind has been searching for since our fathers dreamed of being nerds...but we waren't telling you what.
Love,
NASA"

I'm with Jaime. No idea, but I already feel like whatever it is will not live up to the childish thrill that ran up my spine when I read that.

archives