02 May 2008

SPF 2008

Someone on All That Chat pointed out that in the Variety article on David Lindsay-Abaire winning the Kleban Award, there's also a list of this year's SPF plays. I'm very happy to see that it's being scaled down from 16 (was it 20?) productions to 8 - SPF's always felt a little stretched thin, and maybe they're rehearsing fewer shows for more weeks. Like, more than two. I hope so.

Here they are:

  • The Black Suits by Joe Iconis (book, music, & lyrics, previous Kleban winner) and Robert Maddock (book)
  • Esther Demsack by Billy Finnegan
  • Future Me by Stephen Brown
  • Green Girl by Sarah Hammond
  • Neighborhood 3: Requisition of Doom by Jennifer Haley
  • The Ones that Flutter by Sylvia Reed
  • Tell Out My Soul by Jacquelyn Honess-Martin
  • Tio Pepe by Matthew Lopez
I only know a couple of these plays, but I'm really excited about Future Me. Unless I'm misremembering, I've read this play and heard a reading of it, and it's powerful and beautifully written.

No comments:

archives