07 July 2008

What's Going On

Spent a quiet, relaxing weekend not blogging, which is a shame, maybe, because I was supposed to email Kris this week's column yesterday. Whoops? But that's been sent in, and once I rewrite it because it's pretty awful, here are some things you can look forward to:

1. An "I'll see you and raise you one" response to Isaac's list, juxtaposing mine and Kate's. Draw assumptions based on our taste in famous men! See them be true!

2. I finished Joe Sacco's amazing work of comics journalism, Palestine, this weekend. It was amazing. I will probably at some point tell you more.

3. I spent Friday night watching fireworks from a rainy Williamsburg rooftop, and it was pretty amazing. That might actually be all there is to say about that. Until the day many years from now when I tell my kids that I spent one July 4th dancing in the rain on a Brooklyn rooftop, but other than that mom was pretty much a nerd.

4. On Saturday I did something maybe never done before in all of human history: I walked out of Ikea with exactly what I came for, no less and, most shockingly, no more. Not even a cinnamon bun. Ten months after moving into this apartment, I have chairs for my kitchen table. Well, I will, once I put them together.

More soon, on these and other fascinating topics. Happy Monday!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. THAT picture form Isaac's blog of Peter Krause is way better than the pictures that i found.... doooooo meeeeee

Isaac said...

I am so ready for these lists. Consider my breath held and judgments formed.

Is that your cat?!

Jaime said...

"Anon" - I doubt Peter Krause reads my blog, let alone trolls it for dates.

Isaac - Sadly, no. I ganked that video from Cute Overload, and probs should've given credit. I mean, not *sadly* - I love my cats - but it'd be a nice bonus if they took, nay, endured baths like that. They neither take baths nor look like Yoda.

Ian Allen said...

Awwww! That little cat is sooo cute!

archives