14 October 2009

I Am Losing My Effing Mind

[Update!: Mystery solved in the comments.]

Please, please help. I have this sequence from a movie or play or book or tv show or whothefuck knows what in my head, and I have no bloody idea what it is. Google is no help, and no one I've called knows. I'm terrified it's a play I once read, which means who the hell else will know it? But maybe you will?

So this guy's been kidnapped, or is being held prisoner, actually, a sort of POW situation, and every day the guard brings in his tray of food - or slips it through a slot? - and asks him, "What color is the sky?" or something, and if he says it's blue, no food, or maybe not, but the guard is trying to wear him down to saying the sky is green. Something like that. This goes on for a while, and the guy's seeming to lose his resistance, until one day the guard turns his back and the guy's able to take the metal food tray and SMASH the guard in the back of his head, and as he's beating him with the tray he's like, "THIS is for the blue sky! THIS is for the green grass!" And then he escapes and gets back to his lady love, and I think we may get this story from him telling it to her.

Help. Please. If you know this and are a person who, like, knows my cell phone number, please text or call. This is urgent.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that's from Police Academy 4.

Marissa

Anonymous said...

It's from Futura

Jaime said...

Anonymous is correct! Oh thank god. (Anonymous 2, that is. Anonymous 1 is my sister, and a smartass.)

Anonymous said...

Faith of my Fathers?

Jaime said...

But hey, Anon who got it right, please identify yourself! Even just shoot me an email. I'm grateful, and curious.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't get your puzzle out of my head, but only came up with something inspired by 1984 2+2=5. What's Futura?

Jaime said...

Futura is a beautiful, awesome play by Jordan Harrison. It's new, and hopefully will be produced soon.

archives