25 January 2010

Let's Try to Resume

Hi people. I'm slowly emerging from under the five-hundred-calls-a-day-shaped anvil that fell on me at work a week and a half ago. I know there are several horrible layers of irony to be complaining about a rough work situation that's brought on by something like the earthquake in Haiti, but I'm not so much complaining, just filling you in. So that's what's been going on.

I've been using my tumblr as a sort of note taking thing throughout these weird couple of weeks. All of those jottings are, in reverse chronological order because that's how tumblr rolls, here. Things like this:

Haiti doesn’t need me. The mountains need me. The hills need me. The children need me. I’m not interested in Port au Prince. Port au Prince has enough. I’m saying what’s going on in the mountains. I’m saying when you have 200,000 people in the mountains and 17 doctors. I’m an intelligent man. I can add.

— This was the call of the day that was difficult and sad in a way that kept me on the line for ten minutes. It ended with the older gentleman, a trauma surgeon, telling me, “God bless you,” which I never otherwise would’ve responded to with, “You, too,” but that’s where this call left me.
There is also this photo, which got me and some other people in my office through some rough days.

This is a week or so old, but it's pretty much how all this feels, how weird it is to experience a thing like this, from this perspective.

And in completely unrelated tumblr linking, I went to The Top of the Rock on Saturday night, and here is some of what that was like. Basically: great.

Things seem to be starting to calm down at work. I may not be back to my receptionisty life of leisure for a while, but I can think clearly enough to type, so that's a start.

15 comments:

網頁設計 said...

Are pleased to come to your blog to read your article! Thank you for sharing!

抓姦 said...

Are pleased to come to your blog to read your article! Thank you for sharing!

偵探社 said...

Are pleased to come to your blog to read your article! Thank you for sharing!

尋人 said...

Are pleased to come to your blog to read your article! Thank you for sharing!

討債 said...

I would like to invite you to visit my blog.

討債 said...

Are pleased to come to your blog to read your article! Thank you for sharing!

法律諮詢 said...

Are pleased to come to your blog to read your article! Thank you for sharing!

網站設計 said...

hooray, your writings on theater and writing much missed!

抓姦 said...

hooray, your writings on theater and writing much missed!

偵探社 said...

hooray, your writings on theater and writing much missed!

尋人 said...

hooray, your writings on theater and writing much missed!

討債 said...

hooray, your writings on theater and writing much missed!

討債 said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable.

法律諮詢 said...

hooray, your writings on theater and writing much missed!

網頁設計 said...

hooray, your writings on theater and writing much missed!

archives